Organic waste is one of our largest waste-streams in our commercial properties. 53 million tons of food/organic waste is sent to landfills in the US every year, much of it still fully edible.
What is Composting?
Composting is the natural process of recycling organic matter, such as food scraps and other organic waste, into a valuable fertilizer that can enrich soil and plants.
Benefits of Composting
- Reduces the Waste Stream
- Reduces Personal Food Waste
- Cuts Methane Emissions from Landfills
- Improves Soil Health and Lessens Erosion & can help to Conserve Water
How to Compost
- Check the ‘What is Compostable’ list to see what is and is not compostable
- Add your compostable food waste to the designated Green collection containers
|Composting Removal Vendor:||Compost Crew|
|Composting Bins Location:||The loading docks located at 2011 Crystal and 2345 Crystal Drive|